PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017: PGCIL ,India bags the responsibility of conducting the recruiting written exam to screen the proficient candidates as per the job designation from the bulk of applicants.This is a prolonged process includes rate the applications as per the details in it,releasing the admit cards ,conducts the exam ,announcement of results ,finally allotting appointment letters to the well deserved posts.To beat all these rounds to get the final allotment order ,we have to give our best performance in every aspect .One of the most important keys in the initial process is the role of syllabus.Whereas this is a central government job recruitment ,it has high chances of competition among the applicants to take this job for their career.
Download Diploma Trainee (All Branches),Assistant(Finance) Syllabus Pdf
PGCIL is one the Navaratna companies in India.Any Navartna has special name for their services they are providing.It has its various branches across the different regions in India.It will release the vacancy declarations monthly.It has that much need of skilled employees for its organisation.The appropriate candidates list the details in the application correctly from 6th Sep 2017 to 2nd Oct 2017 as per your availability .But try to list out before the closing date to beat the network problems.The major utility of this post is interested applicants or those who are willing to participate in the recruitment choice must Download Diploma Trainee (All Branches),Assistant(Finance) Syllabus Pdf .
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017 Details
Name Of The Organisation: PGCIL
Name Of The Post: Diploma Trainee (Electrical) ,Diploma Trainee (Electronics) ,Diploma Trainee(IT), Jr. Officer Trainee (HR),Assistant(Finance)
Number Of vacancies:81
Job Location: Across India PGCIL branches
Starting Date Of The Application: 06th September 2017
last Date Of The Application: 2nd Oct 2017
Official Website: www.powergridindia.com
Overview of Selection Process :
The selection process completely depends on the merit in the written exam only.
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical) :Written Test/Computer Based Test
- Diploma Trainee (Electronics) :Written Test/Computer Based Test
- Diploma Trainee(IT) :Written Test/Computer Based Test
- Jr. Officer Trainee (HR):Written Test/Computer Based Test & Computer Skill Test (Qualifying in Nature)
- Assistant(Finance) :Computer Based Test (100 % weightage) & Computer Skill Test (Qualifying in Nature)
Qualifying marks in Written exam :
Diploma Trainee (Electrical),Diploma Trainee (IT),Diploma Trainee (Electronics) and Jr. Officer Trainee (HR)
- Unreserved Vacancies : Minimum of 40% marks subject to at least 30% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
- Reserved Vacancies : Minimum of 30% marks subject to at least 25% marks in each Part-I & Part-II separately
- Unreserved Vacancies : Minimum of 40% marks in total (Part-I & Part-II combined)
- Reserved Vacancies : Minimum of 30% marks in total (Part-I & Part-II combined)
Exam Pattern of PGCIL Written Exam
- The exam is online mode /written exam
- There will be no negative marking
|SL No||No of the Part||Names of the Subjects||Total No of Questions||Total No of Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Part – I||Professional Knowledge Test of respective discipline||120 Questions||120 marks||2 Hours|
|2||Part – II||Supervisory Aptitude Test (for Diploma Trainees and Junior Officer Trainee, HR)||50 questions||50marks|
|3||General Aptitude Test (for Assistant-Finance)|
Quantitative Aptitude topics in PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam
- use of numbers and number sense.
- computation of numbers such as whole numbers, decimals, fractions.
- Regular Polygons.
- Degree and Radian Measures.
- Standard Identities.
- Complementary angle.
- Relationships between numbers.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Heights and Distances.
- Square roots.
- Profit and Loss.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Triangle and its various Kinds of centers.
- Congruence and similarity of triangles.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Time and Distance.
- Time & Work.
- Basic algebraic & School Algebra.
- Elementary Surds.
- Circle and its chords.
- Tangents, Angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Right Prism.
- Right Circular Cylinder.
- Regular Right Pyramid with the triangular or square base.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Right Circular Cone.
- Rectangular Parallelepiped.
- Frequency polygon.
- Bar diagram.
- Pie chart.
- data sufficiency,
- Data interpretation of graphs/charts/tables
- numerical ability
Reasoning topics in PGCIL Diploma Trainee Exam
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical number series
- Space visualization
- Visual memory
- Decision making
- Abstract ideas
- Symbols and their relationships
- Arithmetical computations
- Verbal and figure classification
- Problem solving
- Analytical functions.
Power Grid Syllabus for Diploma Trainee Electrical Exam
- Transmission & Distribution
- Short, Medium and Long lines.
- ABCD constants.
- Mechanical Design.
- Line constants.
- Inductance and Capacitance calculations.
- Representation of Overhead Lines.
- Seg, Tension Calculations, Tuned Power Lines.
- Circuit Breakers
- Relative merits and demerits.
- Air-blast, oil, minimum oil, vacuum.
- sulfur hexafluoride and d.c. circuit breakers.
- Underground Cables
- Grading of cables.
- Insulation of cables.
- Capacitance Measurement in cables.
- Testing of Cables.
- Power frequency withstands tests.
- Generating Stations
- Location and types, types of hydroelectric power stations, the layout of a hydro-power plant, types of turbines used.
- Pumped storage installations.
- The layout of thermal electric power stations, types of turbines used, condensers, cooling towers, boiler feed pump; energy flow diagram of the steam power plant.
- Nuclear power generation; nuclear fission.
- Types of nuclear power reactors.
- The principle of a fast breeder reactor.
- Economic Aspects
- Load forecasting.
- Generation costs and their classification
- Optimal operation of an all thermal generating system and of a hydrothermal system.
- Economical distribution of load between unit within a plant and between plants.
- Fault Calculations
- Analysis of unbalanced faults.
- Balanced Fault calculations on systems.
- Symmetrical components.
- Types of faults.
- Over Head Line Insulators
- Methods of improving string efficiency.
- Types of Insulators.
- Potential distributions over a string of suspension insulators.
- String efficiency.
- Protection of Alternators against stator faults
- Over current, directional and distance protection of lines.
- Characteristic of Relays.
- Protection of transformers against winding faults, overloads and external short circuits.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Neutral Earthing.
- Motors for various drives.
- Testing of D.C. and A.C. motors.
- Industrial drives.
- Estimating and Rating.
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017 – IT Exam
- Operating systems
- Computer Hardware & Maintenance
- OOP through C++
- Computer Networks
- Basics of Computer Engineering
- Computer Fundamentals
PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017 for Electronics
- Basic Electronics
- Electronic Circuits -I
- Systems – I
- Digital Electronics
- Circuit Theory
- Electronic Circuits- II
- Communication Systems II
- Audio & Video Systems
- Micro Controllers
- Advanced Communication Systems
- Industrial Electronics
- Data Communication
- Computer Networks
- Computer Hardware
PGCIL syllabus 2017 for Jr Officer Trainee (HR ) Exam
- Management Concepts & Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Human Resource Development
- Performance Management
- Compensation Management
- Financial Management
- Industrial Relations Management
- Employee Legislation
- Accounting for Managers
- Business Environment & Law
- Research Methodology
- Organizational Development And Change
- Human Resource Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Knowledge Management
- Operations Research and Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Information System
- Global HR Practices
Power Grid Syllabus for Assistant – Finance Exam
- Business Writing
- Calculus for Business
- Management Information Systems
- Advanced Marketing
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Issues in Management and Organization
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Introduction to Accounting
- Money and Capital Markets
- Portfolio Analysis
- Statistics for Business
- Go to the official website of PGCIL i.e www.powergridindia.com
- Click on Careers Option
- See PGCIL Diploma Trainee Notification 2017
- Go the PGCIL Diploma Trainee Syllabus 2017 Link
- Save the PDF copy in your PC or laptop
- Take a print out for the further purpose.
Direct Link to download latest syllabus of PGCIL Diploma Trainee ,Other Posts : Click here
Check PGCIL Diploma Trainee (All Branches),Assistant(Finance) Exam Pattern
The syllabus given in this post is reported officially by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) .So undoubtedly you can Check PGCIL Diploma Trainee (All Branches),Assistant(Finance) Exam Pattern as it is in the post.The preparation phase of any exam determines their selection or good scoring for the exam .One more factor need to suppose in the preparation time is assembling of previous papers .Considering them will helpful for you to know your ability as per the level of questions in the previous question papers.For any other doubts in the syllabus or anything about any notification of jobs ,just message in the comment box of our site apexamresults.net